Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Anna Transformed into a Tourist




Check it out, look at that get-up, aren’t I a beautiful specimen of a tourist?! I had the hat, the sunglasses, the extra sunscreen, the special keep cool scarf on my neck, the shoe coverings for the white marble, and my knapsack. It was great.

The Taj Mahal was very exciting to see. We (Leigh, Frank and I) traveled to Agra and saw the Taj Mahal and Red Fort. I wish I felt more in awe of it, but there isn’t a lot to say about it. It is a monument of love, the emperor Shah Jahan of the Mughal dynasty built the Taj Mahal (which is a mausoleum) for his 2nd wife Mumtaz who died giving birth to their 14th child. It is said that he was distraught by her death and that although by the rules of Islam he was allowed to take another wife he never did.

No comments: